Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Enjoyable day in Halifax

We arrived in Halifax this morning & since we completed our orientation yesterday, today was a free day to enjoy this wonderful city and area.  I brought my friends Galo and Martha Carrera on board the Explorer for a brief tour and then we headed out to enjoy the sunny warm weather.  After a brief visit to the Citadel we went to a nice seafood cafe on the waterfront:



                                                   Me and Martha enjoying lunch (great seafood chowder)





Following lunch they drove me to Peggy's Cove, a delightful and scenic area about 30 miles from downtown Halifax (I had visited this cove on a family vacation over a decade ago)

I thank Galo and Martha for a wonderful excursion around the Halifax area.  On the way back to my ship we stopped at  seafood shack where they picked up their dinner of oysters and introduced me to to one of their natives....a 12 pound lobster.


No comments: