Sunday, October 7, 2012

Return to Paris





My hotel, located in the Latin Quarter on the left Bank
Prior to this trip my last visits were in 1977 when Sandra and I began our honeymoon and then briefly in 1980. I did spend about 8 weeks in Paris one summer in the early '70s attending the Alliance Francais in an attempt to learn enough French to pass my graduate school exam.  So, on this brief 3 day visit I went to find out what was the same and what was different in the city. 

I did find the underground system a bit more complex and the Musee d'Orsay was one that I had not experienced in all its glory.  And, one of my favorite buildings from which to view the entire city, Samaritaine (a dept store) had closed down and was boarded up, as of about 5 years ago.  But, other that that, Paris is...well, Paris in all its splendor.

I spent my 3 days just walking, stopping in at Notre Dame, St, Chapelle, Musee d'Orsay, Sacre Coeur.  And, of course, just sitting at cafes enjoying a cafe au lait (in the morning) or a citron presse (a very sour lemonade, in the afternoon). And, Paris at night is not to be missed
















Sacre Coeur, as seen from Musee d'Orsay

Sacre Coeur


No comments: