Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Back at sea

We departed Casablanca last night at 2000; next port is Takoradi, Ghana, arriving one week from today. We are now in day 4A for the purpose of knowing what class day it is- I just taught one of my World Regional Geography classes. Before we get to Ghana in my World Regional Geography course I hope to discuss West Africa, colonialism, Ghana, and a little bit of South Africa, plus show a movie on Mecca. In my Oceans class I’ll be covering the Third UN Conference on the Law of the Sea and some of the maritime zones (baselines, territorial sea, and exclusive economic zone) during the next 3 classes.

With 6 class periods and up to 9 classes each period between 0800 and 1730 it is a busy time on board. Internet access is not very reliable, or fast when you do manage to get on, during day light hours. The best time to get fast service is before 0600.

Computer lab on the 6th deck

No comments: