Saturday, September 18, 2010

Table for 4 please

With about 700 people on board the ship (students, faculty, staff, life long learners, family) it is tough to meet and get to know everyone.  Thus, a variety of methods are being used to create small groups.  After we set sail from each port, for example, small "reflection" groups have been organized to discuss experiences. I co-lead a group of 18 students who meet in a corner of one of our dining rooms.
Last night another method was used.  If you wanted to be placed in a randomly-selected group of 4 for dinner you were to show up near the Purser's desk and throw your ID into a box.  There were about 20 people who showed up and 5 tables for 4 were selected.  Sandy and I split up and I drew 3 students and we headed to back deck for dinner; I now know Jessie, Tony, and Alexandra.

Jessie, Tony, and Alexandra

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice Idea. I like that.